Inspiring people with Disabilities though Awareness, Resources, Empowerment and Unity
Grow Your Family Tree: Genealogy Workshop – $5 per person
Have you always wanted to know more about your family but don't know where to start? Don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on ancestry websites? Come along to our Grow Your Family Tree workshop to find out the tips and tricks you need to know! All you need to bring is a pen and paper.
This workshop will provide you with practical and low-cost ways to begin researching your family tree. Julie has been researching her own and other people’s family trees since the 1980s.
- Make the most of the information, people and resources you may already have
- Keep your tree accurate and alive
- Use a step by step process to organise your research
- Use details in birth, marriage, death, war service records to best advantage
- Avoid common mistakes and pitfalls
- Keep living relatives reassured about their privacy
- Use free publicly available genealogy records that don’t involve buying expensive software or subscriptions, unless you want to
If you have a memento, object, letter or photo that relates to your parent/grandparent, bring it along to the session. You will be provided with a Growing your Family Tree Resources and Tips Sheet afterwards with links to all the sources Julie recommends.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
PRESENTED BY: Julie
Please note: Our online Carers Hubs will be held as a Zoom meeting. Please ensure you provide your e-mail address when purchasing a ticket as your Zoom link will be sent via e-mail within 48 hours of the event.