Inspiring people with Disabilities though Awareness, Resources, Empowerment and Unity
As a result of attending the Imagine Better & Goal Setting workshops I have been able to:
- Be prepared for my meeting with an NDIA planner. I felt empowered to stand up for the rights of my son.
- I was able to ask specialists for supporting letters and suggest what they needed to include in such letters to support my son’s plan.
- Knowledge and preparation were the key elements to get the best possible support plan for my son.
- I was able to achieve a very good outcome for my son.
- We had a face to face meeting with a planner.
- I gave the planner all my support letters and my filled out iDareU NDIS checklist that clearly stated where my son’s needs were.
- My son is now in the NDIS with a better package than he had before .
I would highly recommend this workshop to anyone who wants for find out about the NDIS and the process you need to go through to help your family member get the best possible outcome from the NDIA planner.
Sue is: supportive, shares great information, and talks in language that is easy to understand. She helps you navigate the core jargon that you need to understand and use. She helps people with the transition into the NDIS. I can’t thank her enough and highly recommend her workshops.
Heather Mathews - June 2017
A happy participant of iDareU workshops, Melbourne